Advocacy Brief on Roma Inclusion Policies
This 2014 publication was commissioned by the Europe Regional Office of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and serves as a useful advocacy tool for reorienting the current approach of Roma inclusion policies of many international, national and local institutions. Its aim is to improve the effectiveness of their Roma inclusion policies and achieve sustainable results.
It calls for a Human Rights Based Approach from public and private institutions by:
- Highlighting current policy approaches;
- Proposing substantial changes to these approaches;
- And suggesting practical recommendations on how to promote and achieve Roma inclusion.
Guide on what works for Roma inclusion in the EU Policies and model approaches
This guide provides practical advice for policy makers on how to apply Roma inclusion policies in implementing national strategies for Roma integration. It explains the process of planning and developing projects and policy plans which is also very useful for public and private organisations working with Roma. Details of this publication, which was produced for The European Commission (DG Justice), include:
- Most frequent Roma living circumstances
- Advice on adapting the Common Basic Principles of Roma integration to the diversity of Roma living circumstances
- Model approaches for Roma communities in differing living circumstances: with detailed potential policy options to follow
- Guidance on connecting these models with EU instruments and policies
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS
Issue brief on Combatting Violence Against Women and Girls in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
This 2015 Issue Brief was produced for the UNFPA Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) and explores:
- the impact of violence against women and girls in the EECA region;
- why so many women and girls in the EECA region are affected
- and why available data represents only a small proportion of the actual victims and survivors of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG).
Furthermore, the Issue Brief builds on most recent research conducted for the 20th anniversary of the Beijing Platform for Action and provides concrete policy and practical recommendations on how to address the problem of VAWG in the region.
Policy Note on Preventing and eliminating violence against women and girls in the Europe and Central Asia region
This policy note for the Unicef CEE/CIS Regional Office, published in 2014, provides an overview of the progress towards the Beijing goals on preventing and eliminating violence against women and girls in the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) region. The document:
- provides insight into the main trendsin the ECA region, with regards to forms of violence, perpetrators and victims;
- reviews the relevant policies, their implementation and advances in research conducted on this matter;
- presents the main challenges to preventing and eliminating violence against women and girls and areas for priority action.
SOCIAL INCLUSION POLICIES IN THE EU
Europe 2020 Shadow Report 2014
This policy monitoring tool, produced for Caritas Europa, explores the state of poverty in the European Union, 5 years on since decision-makers committed on poverty reduction and employment growth.
The report is based on: facts and figures from official statistical bodies; information from witnesses; and facts and figures from 27 national Caritas organisations working with people in poverty on daily basis.
The publication of this Shadow Report is accompanied by 27 individual Country Reports.
Assessment of the impact of the Spanish Operational Programme for the Fight Against Discrimination.
This study on “The employment of vulnerable people: a smart social investment” provides an assessment of the impact of the Spanish Operational Programme for the Fight Against Discrimination (POLCD) through presenting the findings of the impact evaluation of the activities undertaken by the non-profit entities and intermediate bodies of the POLCD during the period from 2006 to 2011, with the ultimate goal of analysing the feasibility and sustainability of the programme over the EU Structural Funds Programme period 2014-2020.
This assessment reveals that in spite of the economic recession, the programme has not only maintained the pace of its activity, but has also adapted to the new social and economic conditions, reinforcing its actions.
Documentos y descargas
- Advocacy Brief on Roma Inclusion Policies
- Guide on what works for Roma inclusion in the EU Policies and model approaches
- Issue brief on Combatting Violence Against Women and Girls in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Policy Note on Preventing and eliminating violence against women and girls in the Europe and Central Asia region
- Europe 2020 Shadow Report 2014
- Assessment of the impact of the Spanish Operational Programme for the Fight Against Discrimination