Senior consultant, specialised in european policies, Third Sector, social inclusion, equality and non-discrimination
Alia Chahin holds a Master in Management of Foundations, Associations and Non-profit Entities, a Graduate in International Consulting and Institutional Development and a Law degree.
Since 2012 she has worked at Fresno, the right link as a consultant specialised in European policies and funding, Third Sector, social inclusion, equality, non-discrimination, Roma inclusion policies and strategic advice.
She has extensive experience in coordinating and implementing projects, with 14 years’ experience at national, European and international level in NGOs and public institutions, such as the Council for the Promotion of Equal Treatment and the Prevention of Discrimination on grounds of Racial or Ethnic Origin, Fundación Luis Vives and the UK-based Community Development NGO Vital Regeneration.
Her excellent reporting skills are demonstrated by an extensive list of publications. Ms. Chahin is a French native speaker who is fluent in Spanish and English and has a working-level knowledge of Catalan. She has worked in Spain, the UK, Romania, Belgium, Macedonia, Poland and Slovenia and the UK.
RESPONSIBILITIES AT FRESNO, THE RIGHT LINK
Consultant in charge of national clients and services related to technical assistance, strategic advice, organisational development, research & analysis, evaluations, trainings and capacity building in both national and international projects.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Social policies and programmes
- European policies and funding
- Social inclusion
- Equality and non-discrimination
- Human rights, child rights, women’s rights, minority rights
- Civil Society Organisations: capacity building and advocacy strategies
- Organisational development
- Strategic and operational planning and advice
- Roma inclusion policies
- Advocacy for human rights and social policies
- Community development
- Civic participation
- Communication and social awareness
- Artistic and cultural projects